Let's Make Stuff - Reflection

Sleeping Buffy

For my assignment, I reflected a lot on gender roles in Disney films and specifically how the princesses are damsels, powerless, and victims. I grew up in a single parent household and my mom had a lot of shows she called "guilty pleasures." My mom, my brother, and I all watched Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill, Charmed, Gilmore Girls, etc. Though I actually did enjoy some of those shows, the one that always stood out to me was Buffy the Vampire Slayer. To this day it is one of my favorite series with countless strong female protagonists.

I found this very eerie image of the prince from Sleeping Beauty watching Aurora sleep. I immediately began to think of how he looked like a vampire standing over a victim. I decided to run with that and in my poorly executed edit, I replaced the prince with Nosferatu. I also opened the eyes of Aurora, and gave her a vampire hunting kit as if she is anticipating the arrival of the vampire.

I feel like maybe I missed the mark but I had a lot of fun doing this!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are Today's Youth Digital Natives? - Boyd

Freedom Writers, White Teacher to the Rescue - Chela Delgado

Turkle and Wesch - Allies or Opponents?